Start a God’s Career Guide discussion group with other like-minded Christians at your place of employment, your church, your home, or in your community. As fellow believers we are called to equip, edify, and strengthen each other.
STUDY GROUP GUIDELINES
The format of God’s Career Guide is well-suited for small-group discussion.
- Select an overall leader with the responsibility of leading each session or theme series (see Discussion Themes). Or rotate this responsibility with different leaders for each week.
- Use the key principles, key verses, and focus questions at the end of parts 1 to 6 of the book to facilitate the discussion.
- Focus on one or more God’s Career Guide lessons per week.
- Stay on topic. Make sure everyone gets a chance to contribute, and do not let one person dominate the conversation.
- Respect each other’s time. Preread the assigned lessons and come prepared to contribute to the meetings. Begin and end the sessions at the agreed upon times.
- Honor the confidentiality of what is shared in the group.
- Be an open group and invite others to attend.
- Ask for personal testimonies on how God is changing the lives of your group members for the better.
- Pray for each other.
VERSES TO REMEMBER
Apply Jesus’s words in Matthew 18:20 when he declares, “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”
The writer of Hebrews 10:25 says, “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another.”
Paul is speaking to the church in 1 Corinthians 10:31: “Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”